The AzATA Professional Education Committee is committed to providing our membership with opportunities for up-to-date and cost-effective continuing education. Please enjoy this FREE 1.75 EBP CEU program titled “2021 Field-to-ER”. This program is virtual, and will be available on-demand through the end of 2021.
This program covers the best practices for management of suspected cervical-spine injuries and exertional heat stroke. The program faculty are members of the Dignity Health Sports Medicine Program Staff. The content has been compiled from up-to-date research and literature, and years of collaboration and discussion between members of the athletic healthcare team, including local emergency medical services, athletic trainers, athletics staff, sports medicine student aides, physicians, and local emergency department personnel.
The content of this program includes:
~30 minute presentation on management of exertional heat stroke
~30 minute presentation on management of suspected cervical spine injuries
~45 minute demonstration video on equipment removal techniques
Ashley Martinez, MPE, LAT, ATC
Suzie Squires MS, AT, ATC
Casey McKay, DAT, LAT, ATC
Sarah Robinson, LAT, ATC, EMT
Katie Ritter, MS, AT, ATC
Identify the signs and symptoms of exertional heat stroke
Define best practices for treatment
Define return to play and prevention guidelines following exertional heat stroke
Identify the roles of the health care professionals and staff when an emergency occurs
Analyze the most up-to-date best practice techniques for athletes with suspected cervical spine injury
Examine the safest, most efficient methods of equipment removal
****After registration is completed, the links to the videos and survey will be sent via email****
- Any questions regarding registration should be directed to Casey Mckay (email@example.com)
- No refunds will be given due to this being a free event.
- Membership will be verified online using the latest NATA/AzATA records.
- If you have a special need, please notify the Meeting and Events Chair so that appropriate accommodations can be made (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you should need a copy of the proof of credit there will be a $15.00 reissue fee.